Hey Clawtropicans! It’s your friend, Purple Claw!
As many of you know, Galactic Hot Dogs Island is one of March’s IotMs, and it’s one of the most hated Islands in the history of Poptropica. Sure, it’s not that well-made, but it isn’t that bad either. I don’t have anything against this island, even though I listed it as one of my top 5 worst favorite islands. Well, that post was written on June, and my opinion has changed a lot since then. So, there you have it: a theory proving that GHD isn’t so bad (hopefully)!
Please notice that this is a theory. It’s just something I believe, and I only want to share my thoughts with you guys. I don’t care of you dislike GHD, or love it, as long as you’re mature about it. Anyway, if you want to check out the rest of this post, read below.
First, I’m going to list a few reasons that make this island not-so-pleasing:
- Both the artstyle and storyline seem to be rushed. It has this strange-looking style, which is stranger than the book’s. Well, strange doesn’t always mean bad, right?
- GHD is such an easy island, and it’s a bit boring too. It would take someone 20 with 25 minutes to finish it. 25 minutes of boredom…
- It’s really similar to another island, that being Astro-Knights.
- If you haven’t read the novel first, this island’s plot is really confusing.
- The first part is the exact same thing as the book, and the second part has absolutely nothing to do with it!
Well, that’s basically it. That was Purpl-
Readers: You completely forgot to mention the positives of this island!
Oops, sorry about that. Anyway, GHD isn’t such a bad island, because…
- Even though the artstyle seems to be rushed and not-so-well made, I liked the combination of the colors.
- The soundtrack is cool! Because all of Jeff Heim’s soundtracks are masterpieces!
- It’s based off the graphic novel with the same name. It really is something else…
- The characters are great! Cosmo is a fun guy, Princess Dagger is fearless, F.R.E.D. is hilarious, and Humphree is… umm… An overall great character.
- The graphics are pleasing. As I said before, the color combination is stunning, and a few of its designs are absolutely stunning!
- And fortunately, it’s not Mystery of the Map Island.
Okay, that last one was just filler, but I really putted thought into the other ones. Oops, this post actually sounded more like a rant, but whatever. It’s not that I needed an excuse to use the new Theory Time logo, I just thought it would be a fun thing to do. 😛
Before I sign out, I want to let you know that Clawtropica has a mascot! It’s called ”Loud Berry, the Purple Cat” and it was made by our dearest Happy Lobster!
That’s it for now, thanks for reading! What do you think of GHD? Do you like it or hate it? Tell me in the comments!