Hey there, Poptropicans! It’s Happy Lobster here, and I have some exciting new for you all!
Poptropica is hosting yet another contest! As many of you might know, Poptropica decided to hold the #PoptropicaArt contest, announced nearly five months ago – an amazing contest for Poptropican players to draw a piece related to Poptropica. This one will need you to draw again – but not just anything. Poptropica is asking you to design your dream costume!
You will be only allowed three entries, so if your mind is overloaded with inventive designs, you’ll just have to cherry-pick the best three. However, there will be only one winner. If an entry of yours wins, the rewards are absolutely incredible – you’ll be bestowed a six-month membership, and your entry will be made into a real costume and sold in the Store itself! Isn’t that absolutely wonderful? And in a nutshell by Skinny Moon:
Not to worry, Poptropicans, Success Kid will not take out the contest and leave you out in the rain (probably).
Anyway, as with several other Poptropica contests, your entries will need to be submitted via social media, like Twitter or Instagram, and you’ll need to tag the costumes with #MyPoptropicaCostume, so that the Creators will see it. The contest ends on December 31st, and the winner will be announced sometime in January, so you’ll have about a month and a half to design your costumes, before time runs out.
You can read about the full rules that come with this contest here. In the meantime, here are a few guidelines that Skinny Moon stated below:
- You can use our template (find it here) to draw your outfit. Or draw your Poptropican’s outfit freehand (here’s a guide). Or draw your creation using your computer or tablet. Whatever you want!
- Use your imagination! Get inspired by your favorite movies or TV shows and put your own original twist on them. Or think about your favorite activities, sports, and hobbies, and base a costume around one of them. Check out your favorite magazines and take a cue from the latest trends. The sky’s the limit!
- Don’t forget about fun accessories and powers that your costume could have!
- When you design your costume, be sure it could be reproducable as a Poptropica Costume. Teeny tiny details would be hard to recreate for a store costume.
- Your costume needs to be an original design of yours, not an assembly of current Poptropica costume parts.
- Give your costume a name and put your Poptropican’s name on it, and if you want, your age. Do not include your last name or where you live. For example, your entry could say something like “Winter Fun Outfit by Happy Catfish, age 14.”
If you need some inspiration in making your costumes, check out these stylish costumes made by Perfect Sky.
Get creating, Poptropicans! We hope to see you come up with some fabulous costume designs!